Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Case in point


I'm going to have to illustrate this blog with photos of people and things other than myself. As you can see, I wasn't lying when I said I'm not photogenic. I wouldn't lie to you. There's a cliche that bugs me: "I'm not going to lie to you, --" followed by an obvious statement that is clearly not a lie. Like, "I went to Antarctica, and I''m not going to lie to you -- it was cold!" Blogs aren't supposed to be pet peeve-inspired rants, are they? Maybe once in a while? I'm not going to lie to you, this statement bugs me. It seems like I hear the "I'm not going to lie to you, --" disclaimer flying way too freely over the pulpit at church, and when I hear it I think to myself, "THANK you for not lying to me; moreover, why would you lie about whatever it is you just said, and why would you lie over the pulpit?! You'll incinerate on the spot and go straight to hell!! I'm serious, I saw it happen to a guy in the New Carrollton Branch when I was 9, and I'm not going to lie to you -- it scared the crap out of me!" Oh, wait ...

In other news, I received an e-newsletter this morning from the Richmond Marathon people, and the most newsworthy part of it is this:
"There will be plenty of food for all runners, and marathoners can look forward to Papa John’s pizza at the finish line."
!!!! If there's one time I probably won't feel like eating Papa John's pizza it will be after running 26+ miles, but I'll probably do it anyway because Papa John's pizza is incredible! HOWEVER ... Pizza Hut has a new pizza that won in taste tests (how would you like to be in that sample group) against Papa John's. If you're jonesin' for pizza, I have to recommend it.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

you're running the marathon again? oh shoot- you're cool. if you're not...im not gonna lie to you... you are still cool. oh gosh. had to. so sorry.

leslie said...

Have you tried Z pizza? i'm not going to lie to you -- it's delicious.

And YES, blogs are absolutely a fantastic place to rant about pet peeves.

i need to go read the newsletter again, will there be free full body massages?