Monday, December 28, 2009

Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday to Me

We went to our friends' apartment and watched the Christmas fireworks go off all over the city at the stroke of midnight Christmas Eve.

I don't have any pics documenting Christmas, but we slept in, had lunch with other friends and relaxed.

The day after Christmas, aka my birthday, we took the dog for a long walk around our neighborhood.

We snapped lots of pics, which I hope to eventually post, of the beautiful houses here, and enjoyed the summer weather. I do not miss NoVa's cold weather or all the snow they got. I realize now that there's no need to be bitter about a Dec. birthday -- I was just born in the wrong hemisphere!

9 comments:

Stephanie said...

haha- that's awesome! glad you are enjoying your great weather and your doggie is so cute!

M. said...

Happy Birthday!
Funny that I was thinking the same thing about my birthday. I mean at least dec you have lights. February? I have ice and uber pale skin-boo.

Travelin' Tracy said...

are you trying to hide something in that picture with your bag?

mj said...

I've been telling Chris we should move hemispheres for the next few months.

modestmuse said...

Come on down!

Liz said...

k, i totally stole a photo of you and neil to put on my blog. which made me miss you two!! i'm glad you had a merry christmas and wonderful birthday, megan. you deserve both. i love you guys!

Tara said...

happy birthday megan!!! you look radiant! i love your little dog. we miss you guys. it was fun seeing you!

AMY_BELL - said...

Yes...I second my sister's question. Haha :) I love the picture, you look so modelesque. Your dog is cute.

Lincoln and Alisia said...

I am glad you had a good birthday!!!