Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Taking Inventory

Well, I'm still here chillaxin' in AZ. I have a sniffly cold :( Maybe I shouldn't have been so proud when I scoffed at getting H1N1 or seasonal flu shots ... Nah, I made the right choice, I'm sure this is just a cold.

I laid out by the pool today to try to dry it up. You can't argue with 75 degrees and not a cloud in the blue, blue sky. I got in the pool and moved around too, which felt good. And we just took a walk down to the In-N-Out Burger for dinner. Well, that was around 5:00, and I know I'll have to eat again before I go to bed. Neil is teasing me that I'm eating "fourthmeal," which is a concept I find disgusting that Taco Bell is using in their advertising. Anyway, I have an excuse, right?

We have borrowed a lot of things from Neil's sisters to use for the baby during our stay here. And we have TONS of baby clothes and blankets. We took a couple of childbirth classes, so I think we're as armed as we can be there.

I still have a nagging list of things we need/want to get for now and/or ship home:
Our own (not borrowed) infant car seat, a cute car seat cover, a regular car seat? or get it later?, a B.O.B. stroller, B.O.B. infant car seat adapter, cloth diapers, Noggin Nest (don't want a flat head, do we?), an iPod and dock for relaxation music in the hospital (no, we don't already have these! Sorry Dad, my iPod and dock from 2004 died long ago :(

Oh yeah, and a name. We don't have a name yet for this little girl. Sure, we have ideas, but nothing solid. Hmm.

Three weeks till the due date, but I am hoping to go over. Come on baby, I've got a good thing going here out by the pool, don't cut it short! ;)

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

haha- that pool sounds nice! it's been pretty windy and kind of stormy in hawaii. enjoy the relax time!

Travelin' Tracy said...

We don't have any clue of a girl's name that we both like. We won't know for a while if it is a boy or girl, but nothing...and I mean nothing had felt right yet. Good luck with the last of your shopping. I am not yet at a point of eating a lot, but I can imagine, it will happen! Joe is already teasing me because I am starting to get a gut! hahaa

Anonymous said...

It's Friday, and that means that the Third Weekly State Department Blog Roundup is up - and you're on it!

Here is the link:

http://bit.ly/9hUsvA

(If I quoted your text or used your photo(s) and you would rather I had not, please let me know. Please also be sure to check the link(s) that I put up to you, in order to verify that they work properly. If you would rather that I had not referenced you, and/or do not want me to reference you in the future, please also contact me.)

Thanks!

Lincoln and Alisia said...

YOu are so close but still so far away!!! Are you going to be in Utah at all why you are in the US? I will be in Utah the first week of April...

modestmuse said...

Bummer! I will probably not be headed up to Utah. That first week of April will probably be my first week with the little one. I hope you have a fun trip though and wish I could see you!