Thursday, April 1, 2010

Baby Girl

She's here!

Nile was born on Tues. March 23 at 6:30 a.m., weighing 7 lbs. 9 oz. and measuring 20.7 inches long.


As I was nearing the "pushing" stage, I saw out of the corner of my eye that the nurse had written the following, minus the actual time, weight and length, on the opaque bathroom door:
It was pretty exciting and really encouraging to realize that this was it, she was going to be born TODAY!
 
 






We are having so much fun with her already, she is so sweet. I feel bad for thinking that she did not look cute in her ultrasound pictures, because I am totally in love with her now and I have that parent syndrome of knowing that she is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! :)

She is such a joy, and I feel really transformed by parenthood already. I will share the details of her birth in the next post. She's sleeping right now which means I should be sleeping, too!

16 comments:

Stephanie said...

I can't believe i'm looking at pictures of your beautiful child!! This post brings me so so so much joy. Let's talk soon!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! She so pretty :) The name is cute too.

M. said...

congrats my friend! You'll be a great ma ma!

Brianna and Byron Putnam said...

What a beautiful girl!!!! Congrats meg!

echo said...

oh oh she is beautiful. congratulations!!

echo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Travelin' Tracy said...

I had a feeling since you had not posted in a while that she might be born! She is a cutey...and I must admit, the 3-d images freaked me out a little and I thought, I don't think I want to do that! However, she is extremely cute and you look so happy.

I knew you would transform and realize that you were already ready to be the best mom ever! I look forward to finding out more about her and the whole delivery process!

mj said...

oh she is so sweet. baby girls are wonderful. have fun and give her lots of kisses.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you!!

She's absolutely gorgeous!

So glad all is well!

Jen said...

Found your blog through Kolbi's blog, and congratulations, she's gorgeous!!

AJones said...

OH MY SWEET MEG! CONGRATS!!!
I am so happy for you! I am in Europe by will try to call you when I get back!

Lincoln and Alisia said...

She is absolutely adorable! Congrats girl!

Unknown said...

Congratulations, you two!

Unknown said...

Oh -- I mean you three! :D

Connie said...

(Stopping by from the weekly round-up..) CONGRATS! She is beautiful!

Sasha said...

I am happy some of those parenting fears we talked about WAY before you even got pregnant are gone! Nile is beautiful! Patric and I miss you guys!