Thursday, June 2, 2011

FREEZING COLD JUNE

Guys, I hate to admit it, but we're freezing up in here. Granted, it is winter here in the Southern Hemisphere, but

I THOUGHT I MOVED TO AFRICA?!?!?!

This is like a cruel joke.

"So," you're thinking, "what's the big deal? So it's in the 30s and 40s at night -- it's not like you're sleeping outside in the cold or something." No, we're not. We're trying to sleep INSIDE in the cold. This being Africa, where it does get hair-dryer hot in the summer, our house has no insulation and NO CENTRAL HEAT.

I think I can see my breath.

It's kind of pathetic that this morning I got out of bed and couldn't figure out what the length of material was that was hanging from my neck. Then I remembered that last night I'd wrapped a scarf over my head and neck to get warm enough so I could fall asleep. That, along with socks, fleece pants, multiple shirts and a long, heavy wool sweater.

How many days till summer?

Current Conditions

46°F 10:02 PM CLEAR


 RealFeel®42°F
Three-Day Forecast

Thursday Beautiful with plenty of sun
RealFeel®: 74°F
High Temperature: 73°F
Low Temperature: 35°F


Friday Sunny and delightful
RealFeel®: 81°F
High Temperature: 79°F
Low Temperature: 38°F


Saturday Partly sunny and comfortable
RealFeel®: 81°F
High Temperature: 80°F
Low Temperature: 37°F

No comments: