Sunday, May 29, 2011

The Last Lions Premiere

We went to the premiere showing of "The Last Lions", a National Geographic film by Dereck and Beverly Joubert, shot in Botswana's Okavango Delta in the north.

DSCN4282

The film was an extremely moving story of a family of lions in the Delta. I laughed, I cried, it was amazing. If you haven't seen it already, go see it!

The shots are breathtaking and expansive. Many are super-wide-angled and completely jaw-dropping. The Delta is gorgeous and diverse: wetlands of course, rock formations, dry savanna, wooded thickets. I can't wait to go visit! I would also love to have photo stills of some of the scenes in the film, particularly one in my mind's eye of a wide-angle shot from a lion's eye view of golden savanna with a hill of steel gray rocks under a deep blue, brooding sky. Gorgeous and evocative!

The event was held at the Botswana Defence Force's (Botswana's Army) auditorium, and was attended by a who's-who -- I had the invite handed down to me from the Big Boss!

I got my picture with some BDF guys

DSCN4286

And I got a pic of the President of Botswana, Sir Seretse Ian Khama, as he walked by!

DSCN4279

No comments: